Our corporate PR services:
- Senior management counsel
- Stakeholder mapping & outreach
- Executive training
- Employee engagement
- High impact media relations
- Creative campaigns to cut through clutter
- Launching new brands, products & services
- Event creation and planning
Holistically helping your business to meet its deliverables through boundary-breaking PR
Good corporate PR is deliverables-driven. It cuts through the clutter and kick-starts the big conversations that get your message across. Atmosphere Communications uses your business objectives as our guiding light to define the right communications strategy for your business. We specialise in the full gamut of PR tools from high-impact media relations to reputation building management, content marketing, content creation, influencer relations, executive training, crisis communications and creative campaigns.
How will corporate PR help your business?
Having a strong corporate communications strategy helps entrench resilience by ensuring your brand is a trusted, go-to authority with a consistent identity and story. Here are some of the ways it does so:
- PR helps build brand identity. It ensures consistency in messaging and succinctly delivers your company’s unique selling points. It raises awareness around your core story: what you do, why you do it, and what you promise (what differentiates you from everyone else?). In doing so, corporate PR answers the big question all customers ask… ‘why should I care – what’s in it for me?’
- It helps to create brand buzz. Corporate PR authentically gets your narrative across and can build hype to captivate interest in your product or service. This helps you ramp up your followership by speaking to the right people at the right time in the right way.
- It can entrench trust. By consistently showcasing your authority in your field and your commitment to delivering on your promises, corporate PR positions you as credible company with a strong set of values.
- It can attract better ROI. Investors seek to partner with companies that are credible, with a positive image. A good corporate communications strategy strategy will help foster a positive public image that demonstrates your sustained strong performance and value-driven DNA. This could help win you investment interest. It’s also key to be top of mind. PR helps to ensure you’re top of the SERPs (search engine results pages) and frequently in the press.
- It delivers real value to your audience. This is critical. Excellent communications companies know that the only way to cut through the clutter is to offer something of significant value to the audience. There’s no point putting information into the ether if it doesn’t achieve this. Information also needs to be immersive and exciting to be able to inspire people and retain their attention.
- It monitors what’s being said about you. Further to the point on investment, you need to keep your reputation spic and span. In a time of fake news, even the most ethical companies run the risk of being falsely framed. It’s imperative to keep listening to ensure you know everything that’s being said about your brand. Your communications company will do this for you – and counsel you on what to do in times when your reputation is at risk.
Corporate PR & the media
The world has undoubtedly changed but having solid media relationships remains important for brands. At Atmosphere, we pride ourselves on our strong reciprocal relationships with journalist friends, built up over many years. We have huge respect for these individuals and the publications they work for and we will only present stories to them that we know offer real value to their readers. We always want to position our clients as authorities who can use their knowledge to offer something positive and substantive to others.
Stakeholder mapping and outreach
Another critical component to corporate PR is stakeholder relations. As a business, it’s imperative that we know all your stakeholders and how they like to be communicated with. We conduct stakeholder mapping to profile your stakeholder groups and help you reach them in the right way, for maximum impact.
Please reach out to us if you’re looking to invest in corporate PR for your business!
Some corporate PR case studies:
- Siemens Healthineers Report: We assisted our client Siemens to publish its inaugural sustainability report showcasing its impressive initiatives to increase the affordability and accessibility of healthcare in South Africa. The 16-page report is designed to be easy to read and visually appealing, with strong visuals and graphic elements. This is the latest in myriad exciting projects we’ve partnered with Siemens on. Our FABRIC campaign with Siemens and the King James Group saw us communicate the importance of city data through the universal language of fashion. It earned us myriad awards and was ranked one of the world’s best campaigns in the global SABRE Awards.
- New Zealand Trade & Enterprise Visit to SA: Mr Fletcher Tabuteau – New Zealand’s Parliamentary Under Secretary for Foreign Affairs – visited SA, alongside a group of influential businesses and trade representatives. We were asked to provide media and corporate PR support. Utilising the much-anticipated 2018 Rugby Championship clash between the All Blacks and Springboks to create hype, we launched a series of media and stakeholder engagements as part of our holistic, targeted media plan to engage high-profile journalists. The events were arranged in conjunction with WESGRO, and we hosted a joint get together with the Australian Business Chamber in Sandton. We received great coverage as a result of our efforts, with several media interviews conducted across top-tier publications and radio stations like Business Report, Fin24, Cape Talk and Classic Business.
- Capitec #LiveBetter Getaways: Our client Capitec wanted to achieve two things: firstly, to showcase the benefits of banking with Capitec and reinforce the bank’s premium stature; secondly, to increase its Instagram followership and provide exposure to Capitec merchants across SA. So, Atmosphere partnered with 13 top lifestyle, travel and food influencers to personify the #LiveBetter experience on Instagram through creatively curated content. We sent the influencers to premium getaway destinations across SA, in search of hidden gems. Each getaway incorporated a touch point with a top Capitec merchant. Influencers showcased the merchants’ offerings, plus the discounts they received as Capitec clients. These discounts were extended to all Capitec clients. The results were impressive! The campaign earned total engagement of 2 462 418, with 2 072 981 impressions from just 196 social posts.
- One Rand Man: It’s a golden oldie but a goodie! In conjunction with the King James Group, we executed a corporate communications campaign for Sanlam which saw an ordinary man take a radical step to reconnect with his money. The One Rand Man agreed to live his entire life on R1 coins for the whole month of July. We documented his every move and found out a huge amount about money behaviour as a result. We did it because South Africans are some of the worst savers in the world – so, we needed a drastic step to reimagine money, differently. The social experiment saw our One Rand Man receive his entire salary in coins. He used these to pay all his expenses and utilities, and all the other day-to-day costs of living as well! We broadcasted the experience via YouTube webisodes, along with live Twitter and Instagram posts. All social posts and conversations about the campaign were collated and posted live on Stackla. Additionally, Sanlam financial and behavioural experts weighed in on any issues that arose after every episode. The story captured the nation’s imagination and appeared across national and international publications, TV and radio shows. It earned over 74 million media impressions, R41 million in earned media exposure and almost a million video views. Most importantly, it sparked a countrywide conversation on the importance of refocusing and taking back control of our spending habits.
Some corporate PR trends:
- More measurement: Corporate communications strategy needs to deliver real, data-driven, measurable results! ROI is key and clear KPIs must be in place, stipulating measurement targets and methods.
- More data: We say it every year, but data really is critical and will increasingly be integrated into every facet of corporate PR – from measuring impact to monitoring reputations online. Data will be critical to upping engagement and crafting campaign that really resonate with the right audience at the right time.
- More hyper-focused, niche PR: Media Update suggests corporate PR will become increasingly niche, with different PR firms specialising in specific services to a single industry. While we service myriad industries, we have niche, specialised teams who are focused on the single industry they serve.
- More cross over: The lines between corporate PR and marketing are becoming increasingly blurred with PR teams often taking on more of a marketing function. There’s likely to continue to be overlap, with PR a critical part of corporate communication strategies.
What we can do for your business:
Atmosphere is a communications company with a strong proven track record in corporate PR, with myriad blue-chip clients from an array of industries. From Sanlam and Santam to Cell C, Siemens and BBC, we are proud of our client relationships and the high caliber of work we produce together. We have a collaborative approach that sees us work closely with you to deeply immerse ourselves in your business, your goals and how we can help you become the best you can be. Corporate communication is an art; we know how to position you as the authority you are in order to build your brand visibility, credibility and stature.