Our Jozi team is growing!
Atmosphere Joburg is looking for two new staff members to join the team! If you fit one of the descriptions below, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jozi consumer team is looking for a passionate, self-starting account assistant to join the team in the Jozi office.
The successful candidate should be an admin master and a strong support to the team. This includes monitoring and managing coverage reports, proactively managing influencer lists and managing Chase and client service reports. He or she will help the team coordinate desk drops and influencer deliveries and assisting with research on new business pitches when required. The candidate should be starting to master softer content generation and selling in stories to selected contacts. A good understanding of social media platforms is vital.
- In receipt of a tertiary qualification
- 2-3 years of experience in the industry
- Preferably have worked in the consumer/ brand PR space
We are looking for an account manager to join our busy corporate team in the Jozi office. Ideally, someone who has a particular interest and passion in financial services.
The ideal candidate should be a strong pitcher and have deep knowledge of what makes a good story with a focus on financial services. He or she should know media and influencers well and understand how to get through to them in this busy world. Knowledge of shared, paid and owned opportunities is important – the team is pushing its ideas beyond traditional media relations. He or she should take ownership of planned tasks and deliverables and should be the primary contact for media and clients. Being able to develop and grow account assistants and interns is also key.
- 4-6 years of experience in the industry
- Preferably have worked in the corporate PR space
- Financial services and Africa experience will be important
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Client liaison and point of contact for relationship
- Driver of the implementation of PR campaigns/ projects and reaching deliverables
- Inter-agency link (internal and external creative agencies/suppliers)
- Excellent content creation abilities: Writing, editing, drafting releases, advertorials, website and social media copy, presentations, reports, briefs and planning documents
- Development and presentation of PR plans/calendars, communication goals and communication strategy
- Researching and developing PR angles/ content ideas
- Pro-active media / influencer pitching and relationship building
- Drafting and managing budgets
- Creating briefing documents for designers for client branded content such as infographics
- Knowledge sharing and up-skilling of account assistants on respective accounts
- Support to Account Director and BU Head and ensuring that top quality work is produced
- Strategic support and providing effective solutions to clients
- Management of client and supplier payments and related admin