Cape Town, November 2014: From 12 – 14 November, whisky lovers can find an extensive range of whiskies at the brandhouse Flavour Explorer and connoisseur stands at the FNB Whisky Live Festival taking place at Sandton Convention Centre.
This year, whisky enthusiasts and connoisseurs will be introduced to a unique and prestigious guest at the brandhouse connoisseur stand – the 2014 edition of John Walker & Sons Private Collection. This is the first of six annual limited releases of unique small batches of remarkable blends by Master Blender Jim Beverage that will be released once-off and once a year. This year only 8 888 bottles were created and distributed around the world, one of which will be on display at the festival.
The first edition is an exploration of Johnnie Walker’s signature smoky flavour and is presented in a deep sea, dark blue glass John Walker & Sons decanter to evoke the maritime nature of the Islay and Island peaty smoke characters that define the blend. In the coming years the Private Collection will explore and celebrate flavours including fresh fruit, sweet vanilla, rich fruit, spice and malt.
“The FNB Whisky Live Festival is the largest and most vibrant lifestyle show in the country and is the perfect platform to introduce and launch our limited edition John Walker & Sons Private Collection. The collection is a celebration of flavour and has been created for luxury spirit collectors and adorers of Johnnie Walker,” says Thandeka Ngqumeya, Johnnie Walker Marketing manager.
The connoisseur stands will showcase iconic brands from the extensive brandhouse whisky portfolio including Johnnie Walker Blue Label, Lagavulin and Dalwhinnie whilst at the Flavour Explorer stand, festival-goers will be encouraged to discover their flavour profile. Whether it is rich, bold, vibrant or fresh, the brandhouse Flavour Explorer has something to suit every palate and every pocket.
Tasting Hall tickets are selling at 2013 rates: R195 on Wednesday and Thursday for tickets purchased online and R215 at the door, while tickets for Friday night cost R220 at www.whiskylivefestival.co.za and Facebook/FNBWhiskyLiveFestival or R240 at the door. All ticket prices include a complementary tasting glass, a 2015 SA Whisky Handbook (launched at the festival), a 500ml bottle of Valpré Spring Water and 15 tasting vouchers.
NOT FOR SALE TO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18. DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
Notes to editors:
- The following whiskies within the brandhouse whisky portfolio will be available at the Sandton FNB Whisky Live Festival: Black & White, Vat 69, White Horse, Johnnie Walker (Red, Black, Gold Label Reserve, Platinum and Blue Label), J&B and J&B Jet, Singleton, Lagavulin, Talisker, Bushmills, Bell’s Extra Special and Special Reserve and Dalwhinnie.
- The FNB Whisky Live Showroom promotes responsible drinking
- No persons under the age of 18 years will be allowed into the Showrooms
- Designated driver tickets are also available at R95 per ticket
- Part of the ticket proceeds will be donated to The Foundation for Alcohol Related Research (FARR)
021 469 1581/ 071 197 4805
|On behalf of:
Marketing manager – Johnnie Walker