Brandhouse invites fans to discover whisky at the Soweto Whisky Live Showroom
Cape Town, August 2014: From the 15 – 17 August, whisky enthusiasts can look forward to the annual FNB Whisky Live Showroom in Soweto at the Walter Sisulu Hall.
New and returning fans can expect a more intimate boutique-style event with the Discover Whisky stand boasting the full brandhouse portfolio of whiskies where fans will get the unique opportunity to sample the bold, vibrant, rich and fresh flavours from some of the world’s most renowned brands.
Brandon Waver, Marketing Manager on Reserve Spirits, says that: “This year we decided to showcase 17 brands and we’re really hoping that guests will walk away with more whisky knowledge and a deeper understanding of their preferences. This will allow them to be more adventurous when choosing a whisky to suit their flavour profile.”
“We also understand that whisky can be a bit intimidating, especially when you are new to it, so we’re hoping to make the whole process fun and worth-while for the guests.”
Some of the brands guests can expect at the Discover Whisky stand include: Johnnie Walker, Bell’s, J&B, Bushmills, Talisker, Lagavulin and Singleton, just to name a few. Whether it’s hints of spice, fruit or honey that visitors are after, there is a match for every palate.
Tickets are R150 each at www.whiskylivefestival.co.za and Facebook/FNBWhiskyLiveFestival or R170 at the door. Guests also have the option to purchase the tickets from the Soweto Hotel. All ticket prices include a complimentary tasting glass, a 2014 SA Whisky Handbook, a 500ml bottle of Valpré Spring Water, 15 tasting vouchers, and a 10% discount off purchases made at the Showroom’s Whisky Shop, or on www.whiskyshopsa.co.za.
NOT FOR SALE TO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18. DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
Notes to editors:
- The following whiskies within the brandhouse whisky portfolio will be available at the Soweto Whisky Live Showroom: Black & White, Vat 69, White Horse, Johnnie Walker (Red, Black Gold Label Reserve, Platinum and Blue Label), J&B and J&B Jet, Singleton, Lagavulin, Talisker, Bushmills, Bell’s Extra Special and Special Reserve and Dalwhinnie.
- The FNB Whisky Live Showroom promotes responsible drinking
- No persons under the age of 18 years will be allowed into the Showrooms
- Designated driver tickets are also available at R95 per ticket
- Part of the ticket proceeds will be donated to The Foundation for Alcohol Related Research (FARR)
|Distributed by:Bukelwa Matshikiza
021 469 1578/ 078 552 4486
|On behalf of:Brandon Weaver
Marketing manager – Reserve Portfolio