Atmosphere is Best Midsized Agency of the Year
Atmosphere was named Best Midsized Agency at the PRISM Awards on 14 April 2019. We also took home the most gold PRISMs at the ceremony at Capital on the Park in Sandton.
We won awards for work done on behalf of Capitec and Takealot.com, among others. In addition, integrated campaigns for Siemens, Sanlam and Not that Newlands – carried out in conjunction with the King James group – were awarded gold.
Megann Outram, Director at Atmosphere, said an unwavering commitment to innovation, creativity and measurability has allowed us to deliver award-winning work year after year. “We are delighted with our success in 2019, in particular because the standard at the PRISMs this year was exceptional. It is clear that South Africa’s public relations industry is evolving and embracing the digital era.”
Outram, who acted as judge for certain categories in which her agency was not entered, continues, “The judges at this year’s PRISMs collectively put in over 16 000 hours of judging time. It was a rigorous, exhaustive process, with much debate. Being part of it was a privilege and gave me amazing insight into the PR landscape in South Africa. There have been significant shifts as we’ve nimbly adapted to the digital age, changed the way we measure results, and what constitutes a Gold-standard campaign.
She says that, more than ever, there’s an emphasis on strategic, creative thinking. “To have a winning campaign, you must land a strong message that gets the country talking and has a direct, positive impact on society. We’d like to commend DNA Brand Architects on their iLobola Nge Bhubesi campaign, which ticked these boxes and took home the title of Campaign of the Year.”
Atmosphere’s full list of awards:
- Best Mid-sized Agency of the Year for 2019
- A reputation management campaign for Capitec Bank; crisis communications category
- Lives of Grace – a collaboration with the King James Group; social method to lead a campaign category
- The Fabric campaign for Siemens, with the King James Group; technology category
- King James Group for its Not that
Newlands campaign; consumer PR for an existing product category
- Fabric for Siemens with the King James Group (finalist for Campaign of the Year)
- The Pink Tax campaign for Sanlam; public affairs category
- The School Feeder Zone Guide for PropertyFox; publications category
- The Dineo Ranaka campaign for Takealot.com; shoestring budget category
- A finalist for Campaign of the Year: King James Group was awarded silver for its Not that Newlands campaign
- The Live Better Giveaways campaign for Capitec Bank; financial services category
- The reputation management campaign for Capitec Bank; corporate Communications category
- For the 200-Year-Old campaign, in collaboration with the King James Group; financial services category
- Special mention for Fabric for Siemens, with the King James Group; business to business category