Atmosphere is Hiring!
We’re looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our financial services team in Cape Town. This is a great opportunity to progress your career by joining one of SA’s most awarded agencies.
If you’re an energetic, creative and highly efficient Senior Account Manager with comprehensive knowledge of financial services, financial markets and personal finance, along with excellent media contacts and a good record of pitching stories, we’d like to hear from you.
- Working under an account director and assisting in every aspect of the account management role, which includes managing an account executive
- Manage client expectations
- Develop and manage projects/programmes, including implementation of plans, evaluation mechanisms, budgets and timelines
- Perform much of the day-to-day work on key accounts with assistance from both more junior and more senior staff as appropriate
- Is client’s primary day-to-day contact on projects, is the contact for the full account and has client’s respect, trust and confidence
- Develops presentations for clients relative to campaign management/programme status
- Keeps team(s) appropriately informed and involved in projects
- Identifies and secures help on emerging account problems
- Keeps track of deliverables and ensures they are met
- Is able to articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products and overall capabilities
- Continue to invest in growing knowledge of clients’ business and industries in which they operate
- Superb interpersonal skills coupled with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work in a high-paced and pressurised environment
- Quick learner – understanding our business and its challenges quickly and efficiently
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail and efficient time management skills
- Has full understanding of public relations and a demonstrated ability to achieve public relations objectives
- Develops and drafts communication programmes based on team input
- Understanding of the business environment, financial services industry, financial markets, asset management, personal finance and basic economics
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Oversees and directs media campaigns
- Excellent media release pitcher, with established relationships with print, digital and broadcast journalists – specifically in the financial services/business space
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.)
- Understands the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts
- Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and problems
- Provides leadership in building effective, productive account teams
- Minimum three years working for a PR agency
- Minimum two years in an Account Manager role
- Experience working in financial services PR is essential
- Strong writing skills
- A driver personality type
- A relevant degree
- Driver’s license
*Preference will be given to qualifying BEE applicants.
Email a one-page letter of motivation and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.